Smackdown: China Glaze Channelesque vs Chanel Glaze Below Deck

I love a good taupe and Channelesque is one of my favorites. It's discontinued and when I heard that Chanel Glaze was releasing a supposed dupe with Below Deck I bought it. I was curious and decided to compare them.

Here is Channelesque. It has a lovely creamy formula.





Here is Below Deck. It has a creamy formula but is a smidge thicker than Channelesque.





Here they are together. I think Below Deck is a hair darker and a bit more purple but the average non-polish person isn't going to notice a difference. Oddly enough, I see the difference more in the separate swatch photos than I do in the comparision photos. I do prefer the formula of Channelesque but I think Below Deck will satisfy your craving for Channelesque very nicely.







5 comments

Aseya January 29, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Below Deck does look a tiny bit darker than Channelesque, but they're both beautiful!

KarenD January 29, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I've been wondering about this; thanks for the comparison!

Rachel Marie January 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I've been wondering about this too! Thanks!

Rory January 29, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Thanks for the comparison! I actually think I like Below Deck better because it is darker. Yay, since I don't have Channelesque!

ABOP Laquerlove February 3, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Thanks for the comp. I totally need to pull my Channelesque out and wear it sometime...

Post a Comment