Revlon Heavenly

I found Revlon Heavenly in its own slot of a permanent color display so I am thinking it is not limited edition. It's a great combination of blue/green square glitter with orange flecks in a milky base. It's a pretty spot on dupe of Deborah Lippmann Stairway to Heaven. You can see a comparison KarenD did here. I like a cheap dupe. 

I want to love this polish because I am very fond of square glitters and it really is a unique and unusual polish and the glitter pay-off with one coat is very nice. But! The formula on this is so awful and it has a very, very strong "polish" smell. The smell doesn't bother me too much but it does make my eyes water. The formula, on the other hand, does bother me. I added two full eyedroppers full of thinner and let it sit and it is still thick and gummy. It didn't self level and it didn't dry fully. It also looks best over dark colors but I wanted to see it over a lighter color. I think I may add even more thinner and see what happens but as of right now the formula is yuck, yuck, yuck! I want this polish to work because I really like it. Dammit. 

This is one coat of Orly Snowcone with one coat of Heavenly and one coat of topcoat. I took this off right after snapping the photos. 

Awful low light. 


Sunlight. 




Post a Comment